Tuesday, July 31, 2007

For Granted...

I am so blessed.

I grew up in a home where there was always food on the table.
I have eaten too much (many, many times).
I have been angry at my parents (because they kept me from doing things that would hurt me).
I had pets growing up.
I got to go to school.
I was forced to do my homework.
I had lots of toys (but didn't get everything I wanted).
I went to church almost every Sunday.
I went to college.
I sometimes buy things I don't need.
I always have just enough money leftover for the things I do need.
I have a cell phone.
I can call my parents whenever I want.
I have a bed.
I have a microwave.
I have a car.
I can change my clothes five times before I decide what I'm going to wear.
I can look in my fridge and decide nothing looks good, then order a pizza.
I can drive down the road and pick up a gallon of milk.
I have too many blankets.
My parents still make me call sometimes to tell them I made it home alright.
I've been overseas.
I've traveled to 18 different states.
I had to to homework until 2am some nights while I was in college.
I can run.
My friends are only a phone call away.
I get to teach kids about God.
I can go to church on Sunday morning.
I've thrown away food.
I've eaten an apple that I picked off a tree.
I've seen a moose in the wild.
I have seen more beautiful sunsets than I can remember.
I have drank water that came from a gorgeous lake in the boundary waters.
I had to pay $106 for a doctor visit.
My computer had to get fixed a month after I bought it.
I have five lakes within walking distance that I can swim in.
I woke up this morning.
I can flip through the channels on my TV and not find anything to watch.
I have air conditioning in my car, my office, and my apartment.
I have a car, an office, and an apartment.




Hey all. If you happen to read this post and make it this far, I would like to request that you post a comment and add your own list. It should be things that you are able to/have to/get to do that may seem insignificant, but are little reminders of just how lucky and fortunate you are. God Bless - pass it on.

No comments: